- About Us
- Business Policy
- Environmental Management
Greener Life Style!
Dongbu Daewoo Electronics has a Greener Lifestyle motto in which puts a priority to the three core values such as ban on use of Hazardous substances from its production to disposal, diminishing energy green gas, and increasing rate of recycling. It does its best to provide a differentiated service for its customers, and a more eco-friendly product and services that consider an environment first and at the same time quality of life.
Hazardous substances management
Dongbu Daewoo Electronics is strictly controlling harmful materials with clear statements of related roles and responsibilities by establishing regulations that strictly reduce resources at a developmental stage, and limit use of harmful resources in advance. The harmful materials-controlled system, or EcoNET, is developed and operated, and provides a more safe and eco-friendly product to customers by managing partners based on a process that prevents harmful materials from being used at an input stage of raw and subsidiary materials, and then reaffirms the earlier prevention at the development stage.
- Diminishing greenhouse gas and energy
- Dongbu Daewoo Electronics is minimizing the climate change by increasing energy efficiency of a product and diminishing greenhouse gas emission, and continuously focusing on development of a product that will increase value of their life by actively reflecting needs of users. It continues to involve in energy and greenhouse gas reduction as the 7-year use of its currently produced ‘Zero-ON’ microwave with stand-by power is equivalent to planting of 730 young pines, and it produces a mini washing machine with up to 87% in reduction of efficiency, time and water consumption.
- [Product Examples]
- Recycling management
- Dongbu Daewoo Electronics is fulfilling its environmental responsibility, in that it designs a product at a developmental stage which is facilitated to be disassembled in order to increase a recycling efficiency rate, and minimize generation of wastes, safely collects the wasted electronic appliances from customers for free, and accordingly takes them to a recycling center of regions for environmentally friend treatment. It helps a customer use its product at their purchase, and discard the product in easier and more convenient manner.
- [Flow of Collection by Dongbu Daewoo Electronics]
- [Recycling Center by Regions]
Recycling Center by Regions Metropolitan Chungcheong Yeongnam Honam Je Ju Metropolitan RC
Northern Gyeonggi RC
West of Metropolitan RC
Chungcheong RC Gyeongbuk RC
Honam RC Je Ju RC
Improving energy efficiency at the business places and responding to climate change
The company has recognized energy consumption at each business place as the biggest problem with climate change due to greenhouse gas emission, and paying continuous efforts to reduce directly and indirectly emitted greenhouse gas through increased energy efficiency at the places. To promote energy efficiency, a monitoring system of energy and greenhouse gas is established at a local plant to eliminate elements of energy waste for improvement.
Increased energy efficiency at the business places and response to climate change
The major source of energy for greenhouse gas emission in 2010 is approximately 58% of electricity power, and each business place successfully reduced its power consumption by 11% in 2013, compared to 2013 through various efforts including increased energy efficiency with high-efficient system replacement as well as monitoring system, and energy conservation by employees.
Diminished pollutants in a business place
Dongbu Daewoo Electronics is establishing a system management under which only verified raw and subsidiary materials can be supplied by providing a validation on a test certificate of raw and subsidiary materials supplied to its business places in advance, and through inspection with assessment on harmful materials at imports, and is also safely processing polluted wastes.
Maximize waste reduction and recycling
By not only reusing office appliances as well as plant waters but completely separating wastes from a business place for collection and then recycling, it is striving to minimize wastes of unnecessary resources, and not to discard recyclable resources.
Win-win cooperation through environmental education
Dongbu Daewoo Electronics has made an education on environment management compulsory by the company’s regulation in order to enhance environmental awareness and secure sustainable capability by partners and employees of the company, and implementing the environmental education at once and more a year.
- Partner training
- Objective: Strengthen capability to respond to environmental regulation
- Details: Recent trends on the environmental regulation and Harmful Materials Management System (Eco NET) by the company
- Target : Employees of management level in charge of responding to environment at partners
- Auditor Training
- Objective : Support and evaluation for supplier’s EMS establishment
- Details : Environment management
- Target : Departments of QC and Purchase
- Validation of Hazardous substances, and training education for authorizer
- Objective : Validation of compliance with the environmental regulation on raw materials and components and approval
- Details : Education on harmful chemical materials such as RoHS and REACH
- Target : Departments of Development and Technology
Practicing coexistence with partners
As a part of coexistence activities, Dongbu Daewoo Electronics is promoting a ‘Energy Save On’ program that is to establish an energy saving system with partners in 2013. The ‘Energy Save On’ program helps nurture energy experts in the company as mentors, and support improvements of energy system and energy efficiency in the processes through cooperation with external specialized consulting organizations. By spreading accumulated best practices to partners, it is trying to expand the energy saving system.
Practicing social responsibility
The employees of Dongbu Daewoo Electronics have continued their efforts to include the society by practicing required social responsibility. Together with supporting youths and schools at disadvantaged regions with provision of giveaways and scholarship as well as through sports sponsorship, and the community clean-up activity, they are voluntarily engaging in free A/S support to share pains in the flood-affected areas.